First Chakra: Root Chakra
Mantra: I am safe, grounded and connected to Mother Earth.
Your root chakra is your foundation. If you do not have a secure foundation, everything on top of it is going to feel unstable. When this chakra is imbalanced it can create the overwhelming need to find security. Continued behavior such as this will result in living a life fueled by fear. Let’s explore our root chakra ...
Location: Your root chakra (or first chakra) is located at the base of your spine.
Key Characteristics of the root chakra are:
* Security, safety (physical and financial)
* Basic needs
* Survival (food, shelter and self preservation)
Signs your root chakra is not balanced:
* Excessive negativity or cynicism
* Eating disorders
* Excessive feelings of insecurity
* Feeling like you’re constantly in survival mode
Ways to balance your root chakra:
* Engage in activities that make you feel grounded
* Put your bare feet on the earth
* Cook healthy meals
* Do a meditation that is focused on grounding yourself
* Engae in mantras centered around security
* Surround yourself with the color red
* Seek out a reiki healer
* Use scents such as Rosemary, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Myrrh and, Ylang-Ylang